Friday, May 10, 2013

Another Update: Hookworm Trial 2

So, I felt an itch which is a good sign, but no significant rash (only two small red marks as you can see below) According to my provider, a therapeutic dose would produce a larger rash, with more dots because they are entry points into the body for the helminths. I'm going to get another dose next week, and hopefully it will produce a huge rash (I don't often hope for a big rash on my arm).

I feel slightly frustrated that I need to keep dosing, but it's sometimes just the way it goes according to what my provider has told me. The helminths are very sensitive to temperature changes and sometimes they die off. Keeping my fingers crossed for a new dose of happy and living organisms in the next couple of days.










2 comments:

  1. Who ever thought a rash would be a good thing. Hooray worms!!!

    ReplyDelete