Monday, July 29, 2013

Maintaining...

July 29:

It has been a while since my last post, but I have since ended my course of antibiotics- which is a wonderful thing- and I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of my next HW dose. I am especially anxious because while taking the antibiotics I may have harmed my worm friends, and by inoculating soon after my course of antibiotics ends will hopefully "wake them up."

According to the literature on Hookworm inoculation, antibiotics can create a period where hosts may lose some effectiveness from the worms. Since I don't feel that at this point I have really gained much effectiveness (although maybe a little) from the worms, I don't feel very different (good or bad). I have also been taking a lot of probiotics which may offset some of the damage to the worms, and help the overall symptoms of Crohn's. When and if people experience benefit from the worms varies greatly but I am within the time frame of when I should expect to see some benefit. I am taking into account the antibiotics which may prolong the benefits even more.

As always, I'm trying to stay positive, I'm continuing to eat healthy, exercise and I have been getting some good ol' vitamin D (sun!!) I should receive my next HW batch early next week and will update then.

Thanks for reading!
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment