Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tapering off of prednisone and still feeling good

Saturday, July 6:

I am now down to 10 mg of prednisone, but am continuing to feel good. It feels GREAT to get off of prednisone because it truly makes me feel CRAZY!


I have been sticking to the SCD diet which I think is helping. I have been following it 100% for about three weeks now. My ultimate goal in doing the helminthic therapy is to be able to eat whatever I want (within reason) AND feel good, but I recognize that in order for the therapy to work I need to keep my symptoms under control. I have been taking probiotics every day, and am increasing the amount I take which will only continue to help. I have been running a lot and trying to drink lots of water which comes naturally when it's really hot out (as it has been.) Today and yesterday I took some allergy medication which has been shown to help with helminth side effects. It seems to be helping although I think there may be some placebo effect taking place as well. Either way, I'm just happy to be tapering and still feeling good.  I will need to wait and see what the next couple of weeks bring, but by mid July I should start to notice some good benefits from the helminths. That's all for now, thanks for reading!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment