Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More Whipworm friends and continuing to feel better

July 2:

Last night I consumed my third dose of Whipworm, shooting back 200 ww ova down the hatch! Below is a picture of the vial they come in. It's very small, about the size of my pinky. The first two times I drank the ww ova my stomach felt a little unsettled immediately after, but I didn't really experience anything this time and what's even more exciting is that I actually feel pretty good this morning.



I woke up really early (as I have been doing with the stupid prednisone which makes it difficult to sleep) and would normally have to go to the bathroom right away. However, this morning I was able to hold it and go back to sleep which is something that I am rarely able to do because as soon as I wake up I experience tremendous urgency. I see this as a small success, and hope to have more days like today. As I posted previously, mid July (which will be almost 50 days since I inoculated) is typically the time when people hosting helminths start to experience some good effects from the HW, and now that I have about 400 WW I should start to notice some of the benefits of both in late July/ early August. That's it for now, thanks for reading!!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment