Saturday, June 22, 2013

Off the tracks but I made it to the station eventually..

June 22:

So I guess I'm using train metaphors now....Anyways the last couple of days have been rough to say the least... I woke up in the middle of the night on Wednesday night with harrowing stomach pains. Typically when this happens I will spend some time on the toilet and things eventually resolve themselves. This was by far the worst stomach pain I have EVER experienced. This is what I felt and looked like...

There were intermittent waves of burning, nauseating, sharp pains that would not go away. This soon lead to projectile vomiting, and stuff coming out the other end too :/ From 3:00 a.m.-11:00 am the next day this continued, at which time I went to the emergency room at my doctor's recommendation. They helped hydrate me, checked to make my organs were all working (and thank goodness they were), gave me some heavy duty pain meds and sent me on my way...

The remaining question is, what was wrong- which is still not entirely clear. At first I thought it might be the worms, but to have such a strong reaction to side effects from the worms is extremely rare. Other variables in this equation were questionable chicken, a fluke Crohn's "flare", a stomach virus, or some combination of all of these things. Thankfully I am finally starting to feel like a normal human being, am eating solid meals, and no longer have the harrowing pains. My worms are also safe and sound. Hopefully I will continue feeling better.

Thanks for Reading!
-Amy

2 comments:

  1. aw geez, Amy. I'm just catching up now and feel better knowing how things have been over the past week or so. glad you made it through this rough patch. you're great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're great, Krysten! Thanks for reading and thanks for the support :)

    ReplyDelete